JOB SUMMARY: Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of Nacogdoches GI Consultants.
Established in 2011, Nacogdoches G.I. Consultants PLLC is independently owned, operated, and under the direction of Dr. Carl Jones.
Nacogdoches G.I. Consultants specializes in using the latest advances and technology for the diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders, including disorders of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, gall bladder, liver and pancreas.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, depending on experience, with an excellent comprehensive benefit package if eligible, including medical insurance and paid time off.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Current licensure/interim work permit from the Texas State Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners; current CPR.
Knowledge of documentation of all care delivered, policy and procedures for standards of nursing care, competency and skills pertinent to the practice and education of a Licensed Vocational Nurse, age appropriate care, and emergency care procedures.
Skilled in physical assessments, medication administration.
- Provides highly specialized and complex nursing care/procedures to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards demonstrating positive outcomes in patient care.
- Demonstrates flexibility by functioning in a variety of roles on the unit (i.e. patient care provider, team leader, medication nurse or medical assistant).
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
- May prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition. Documents and reports reaction to drugs and treatments to providers.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Triages to ensure appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information.
- Responds to, documents and refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent information. May post test and examination results.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA.
- Functions under stress and seeks guidance in problem solving.
- Must thoroughly understand and follow established policy and procedure under minimal supervision as well as make decisions within established clinical nursing standards.
- Participates in quality improvement, safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy.
APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.